Saturday, March 15, 2008

Point & Shoot Collection now available





I get asked all the time about what kind of equipment I use, which camera is the best, which lenses should someone buy to get this kind of picture or that kind of result. And, to most people, my response is, "save your money and get really good with your point & shoot camera first. Then, if you're ready to spend lots of your hard-earned cash on the latest camera and a different lens for every situation, I'll be really happy to help advance your own photography career."

To prove my point (why do I always have to be right?), I set about taking a million shots with my own old but trusty Canon PowerShot A95 while on vacation in Hawaii last December. I actually enjoyed the experience more than if I had lugged all my equipment around and had to work at conjuring up f-stops and focal length and setting up my tripod - remember, I was a photographer on vacation...ya' know, a few Mai Tai's at sunset on a sailing ship makes it hard to "focus" on all those things.

Anyway, the results are now a "collection" of images that I have posted for sale on my proofing website (www.beckyjphotography.photoreflect.com). Hop on there and see what you think...pretty good for an old P&S camera and a brain on relaxation mode. (I must confess, when I returned home - by the way, it was 30 degrees when we landed back in Columbus - I used my editing software filters and had some fun with black & white conversion. I sure hope you read my previous post about how Photoshop can be your friend.)

Now, this last pitch is for those of you in need of a really unique gift...be sure to order several of each image in the collection - the print prices have been reduced in honor of trusty old point & shoots everywhere.

Mahalo

No comments:

Powered By Blogger