Saturday, April 19, 2008

Photographer or "passionographer?"

To be a photographer, you must first know who you are. Matthew Jordan Smith

I just received the newest issue of Rangefinder magazine and immediately flipped to an article about MJS, an elite fashion and celebrity photographer or "passionographer," as he was coined by the writer. Just by looking at his cover photo, there was no doubt about which term best describes Matthew's style, as well as his philosophy. And, after reading about his life and commitment to his art, I am inspired to discover
why I take photographs, to dig down deeper and find my own vision, to stay true to that vision, and to challenge myself beyond what I think I am capable of. Which term best describes me? I'd like to say the latter but I'm definitely a work in progress.


Passionographer =
personally committed to creating art that stems from the connection he or she makes with the human soul in front of their lens.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger