Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Like mother, like son...

It's funny how life has a way of repeating itself...

My son, Lucas, who will turn 29 in just a few days, is a wonderful photographer in his own right.

But just like me at that age, photography is on the back burner while he focuses on other priorities.

Lucas was born on Maui but we left there and moved to Columbus (where I grew up) when he was almost four years old. Last December, our family took a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands.

It was a dream come true for both of us to return there together; to explore the place where he was born, to revisit some relatives and all the life-altering emotions that came with it, and to seek some inner peace in the amazing beauty that is found only on those volcanic rocks in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Needless to say, we went crazy with our point & shoots and I'm happy to report that I just received a little gift in the mail - Lucas sent me a CD filled with photos from his own perspective. I feel like I'm the one having a birthday.

2 comments:

The Monroes said...

Wow, I love the last picture. It is so serene-makes me long to be there. Now how about a picture of the two of you? Happy Birthday to Lucas!

Becky J said...

Good idea! Let me drum one up and I'll get it posted.

Powered By Blogger